WHAT ARE THEY | HOW THEY WORK | TYPES & HEALTH BENEFITS | TIPS FOR CHOOSING | AROMATHERAPY
Essential oils are the extracts of a plant, a true gift from nature, purified and prepared for you to experience its energy and power in your home.
Hidden inside many plants𑁋within roots, seeds, flowers, and leaves𑁋are concentrated, highly-potent chemical compounds. These all-natural chemicals are infused with a carrier oil to create aromatic and therapeutic essential oils.
Discovered by our ancestors, the secrets of essential oils have been around for thousands of years. They were commonly used for curing diseases, ceremonial rituals, and scaring away evil spirits.
Today, the ancient traditions of essential oils have evolved into a modern practice called aromatherapy.
Activating the powers of essential oils through aromatherapy can be achieved by inhaling or applying it to your skin.
The aromatic and therapeutic properties are deeply immersive and can interact with your body in many ways.
When applied to the skin, essentials have been known to improve skin conditions, help treat the common cold, and encourage healthy digestion.
When inhaling from an aroma diffuser, it has the ability to stimulate areas of your limbic system which is the area of your brain used for emotions, behavior, sense of smell, and long term memory.
Since essential oils interact with both the mind and body, every experience is unique for different people. From a mood booster in the morning to a positive impact on your health and well-being𑁋the best way to understand how essential oils work for you is to give them a try.
There are hundreds of essential oils in the world, each with its own unique aroma, experience, and potential health benefits.
Here are the most popular essential oils at Smellacloud along with the health claims and benefits associated with them:
* Bergamot: used to boost energy, elevate mood, and reduce stress
* Cinnamon: used to alleviate aches, pains, and stiffness
* Eucalyptus: used to treat ailments such as nasal congestion and asthma
* Lemon: used to improve digestion, mood, energy, and more
* Lavender: used to relieve stress
* Orange: used to elevate mood and reduce stress
* Peppermint: used to boost energy and aids digestion
* Pine Tree: used to improve relaxation and purify a room
* Rosemary: used to enhance relaxation and boost alertness
* Rosewood: used to boost mood and improve focus
* Sandalwood: used to treat headaches, stomach aches, and inflammation
* Silver Fir: used to support a healthy respiratory system
* Tangerine: used to clear the mind and reduce nervous tension
* Tea Tree Oil: used to feel calm, boost the immune system and reduce stress
* Vanilla: used to improve relaxation and relieve mental tension
Many companies use words like ‘organic,’ ‘all-natural,’ ‘pure,’ or ‘medical grade’ to descript their essential oils. Without knowing the processes and techniques used for creating them, it’s impossible to know the truth.
Here at Smellacloud, we are 100% transparent about who we work with and where we source our essential oils. All essential oils come from a farmer in the Netherlands with more than 50+ years creating memorable smells, aromas, and experiences.
Our wish is to share the magic, joy, and benefits of aromatherapy with the world. Why? Because we believe that relaxation is the superpower to help you achieve what you want.
So, when it comes to choosing the right essentials for you, your home, and your family𑁋ask yourself these questions:
* What makes you feel deeply calm, rested, and relaxed?
* What childhood memories and smells add a smile when remembered?
* What types of experiences do you want to have in your life?
As you search for your answers, there’s a world of essential oils for you to discover and explore.
Aromatherapy is an alternative treatment using the aromas of concentrated essential oils to balance the body and provide alternative healing. It involves oil being evaporated over a candle, or with an aroma diffuser.
You can also add essential oils a bath or taken orally. However, taking essential oil orally is not recommended unless you have first consulted a doctor.
Aromatherapy can be particularly effective for symptoms associated with stress, fatigue, tension, anxiety, and insomnia.
If you have any questions about how to use essential oils or to find the right one for you, feel free to contact us.