No one can deny the numerous benefits enjoyed by using essential oils. Thanks to our sense of smell that is stimulated by the irresistible fragrance of essential oils during aromatherapy.
Not only do essential oils smell great, but they can also help improve your mood and promote better sleep.
However, to reap the maximal benefits of essential oils, you need the right aromatherapy diffuser.
That enables us to inhale the sweetness of essential oils.
There has been a never-ending debate on the best kind of aromatherapy diffusers among essential oil lovers. So which one is the best?
In this article, we will explain all you need to know and also give you our best pick of aromatherapy diffusers.
The Benefits of Using an Aromatherapy Diffuser
The benefits that come from using an aromatherapy diffuser in your home cannot be overemphasised. Here are a few of them:
- Aromatherapy oil diffusers disperse essential oils into the air, which comes in handy whether you're trying to improve your mood, get a better night's sleep, or simply relax after a long day.
- What's more, aromatherapy diffusers create a soothing and relaxing environment that is perfect for winding down after a long day or for use during yoga or meditation.
- Additionally, these aromatherapy diffusers purify the air in your home and can even be used to ward off pests.
So, if you're looking for a way to improve your mental and physical health, relax and de-stress, or simply want a nicer-smelling home, an aromatherapy oil diffuser is the perfect solution.
How to Choose the Best Aromatherapy Diffuser for Your Needs
When it comes to choosing the best aromatherapy diffuser for your needs, there are a few things you need to take into account.
-The size of the diffuser, (if you are looking for an aromatherapy diffuser to use at home, we recommend choosing one that's at least 500ml)
- The type of essential oil, (check the section for a full explanation).
- The noise level
The Best Essential Oils for Aromatherapy Diffusers
After so much argument and research, we have laid down the best picks of essential oils that would only be maximally effective in aromatherapy as long as you combine them with the best aromatherapy oil diffuser.
Lavender essential oil is one of the best oils used in aromatherapy. This essential oil has a natural way of promoting relaxation of the mind and body, thus, it is ideal for inducing sleep and reducing social anxiety, especially among folks struggling with insomnia. It is also believed to help solve depression in many cases.
The lavender essential oil contains antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help to fight against skin problems. It is no wonder why it has become one of the most cherished essential oils in aromatherapy.
Chamomile Essential Oil
Inhaling the fragrance of chamomile essential oil helps in breaking down anxiety and stress levels. In aromatherapy sessions, it is mostly used to soothe body aches and muscle pains. Interestingly, besides speeding up several healing processes, research has shown that Chamomile Essential Oil also helps in solving digestive issues. Using an aromatherapy diffuser only boosts its functionality so you can enjoy the best of it.
Geranium Essential Oil
Just like lavender essential oil, Geranium Essential Oil helps in relaxation and balancing of emotions. It is a great way to naturally induce peace of mind safely. Diffusing Geranium Essential Oil automatically makes you feel at ease.
For maximum experience, you can mix it with peppermint, chamomile, or lavender oils.
Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot essential oil is a natural mood booster. While alleviating depression, tension and anxiety, it boosts energy and promotes cheerfulness.
Add a few drops of Bergamot essential oil to your aromatherapy oil diffuser, and you are bound to feel confident all day.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Due to the timely way Peppermint essential oil helps in reducing pain and itching, it has become one of the go-to essential oils used in aromatherapy. Over the years, research has also proven how effective it is in relieving abdominal pain, diarrhoea and constipation.
These are a few essential oils that are especially great for aromatherapy. Each oil has its unique properties and benefits, you can explore more. Once you have found the perfect oil, add it to your aromatherapy diffuser while you sit back to enjoy the relaxing benefits.
How to Use an Aromatherapy Diffuser
When it comes to using aromatherapy oil diffusers in the UK, there are a few different ways you can use them.
- One of the most popular methods is to diffuse essential oils in the air.
This is great for creating a relaxing and soothing environment in your home.
- Another way to use your electric aromatherapy diffuser is by adding water and using it as a humidifier. This is perfect for those who live in dry climates or who are struggling with winter colds and sinus problems.
- Finally, you can also use your electric aromatherapy oil diffuser to mix essential oils with water and use them as a skin toner or body mist. This is a great way to enjoy the benefits of essential oils without having to smell them.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Diffuser
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your aromatherapy oil diffuser:
- Choose the right essential oil:
If you have been struggling with choosing one that's suited for your specific needs, check out the recommended list of essential oils listed above.
You should also know that the only way to enjoy your most preferred essential oil maximally is by diffusing it with the best aromatherapy diffuser that our team has chosen after so much research.
- Use fresh water. Distilled or filtered water is best, as it won't affect the quality of the essential oil.
- Don't overcrowd your electric aromatherapy diffuser. We recommend filling it to no more than halfway to avoid compromising the mist output.
- Keep it close. For the best results, keep your aromatherapy oil diffuser within 6-8 inches of your face.
- Run it for at least 20 minutes at a time for optimal results.
So, there it is! you finally have our ultimate guide to aromatherapy. Don't hesitate to check out our recommended list of electric aromatherapy diffusers which is the best way to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy in your home. If you rather reach out to us personally, our team would be more than happy to hear from you.