Our dads are often the hardest to shop for. Our dads provide us with support, wisdom, and strength - getting them another tie or tool doesn’t seem like a meaningful enough gesture. So what Father’s Day gifts are really worth it? Homemade gifts made with essential oils, of course! A homemade gift truly shows how much you love and care about your dad. It shows that you put the time and effort into making something just for him, tailored specifically to his preferences! Here are our top five gifts made with essential oils for Father’s Day.
Homemade Essential Oil Father’s Day Gifts
Beard oil is one of the most perfect Father’s Day gifts because so many dads take pride in their facial hair. Plus, it’s super easy to make and you can switch up the essential oils depending on your dad’s scent preferences.
- 1 glass bottle with a dropper
- 1 ounce of carrier oil (use any combination of jojoba, almond, and argan oil)
- 3 drops of white fir essential oil
- 3 drops of clove essential oil
- 2 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil
- Add all ingredients to the bottle, close, and shake to combine.
Lip balm is so easy to make - once you start, you’ll never go back to store-bought! Treat your dad to some homemade lip balm with the following recipe from our blog.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (or almond oil)
- 3 tbsp beeswax pellets
- 1 tsp essential oil of choice (peppermint is great for men!)
- Glass measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Lip balm containers, like a glass or tin pot or an old, cleaned out lip balm tube
- Put a few metal spoons in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add oil and beeswax to the measuring cup and microwave until ingredients are melted.
- Stir in essential oil with a frozen spoon.
- The mixture will harden on the spoon. Check the consistency - if you want it to be thicker, add more beeswax.
- Pour into lip ball containers and let cool.
Giving the gift of essential oils for father’s day can also give your dad a spa-like experience. By making this shave gel, he’ll get the soothing effects of all the best essential oils.
- 2-ounce squeeze bottle (or other container)
- Mixing bowl
- 4 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp almond oil
- ½ tsp vegetable glycerin
- ½ tsp vitamin E oil
- 3 drops of orange essential oil
- 2 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the squeeze bottle.
Once dad’s done shaving, he’ll need a nice soothing moisturizer to apply. Enter: essential oil aftershave!
- ½ ounce carrier oil (jojoba, argan, evening primrose, or fractionated coconut oil)
- ¼ ounce emulsifying wax
- 2 ounces aloe vera juice (not gel)
- ¾ ounce witch hazel
- 3 drops of vitamin E oil
- 2 drops of vegetable glycerin
- 6 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- Glass mixing bowl
- Glass cup
- Double boiler
- Glass jar or container
- Set up your double boiler by adding 2 inches of water to a small saucepan. Place a glass bowl over top.
- Add wax, oil, and vitamin E to the bowl.
- While that melts, add witch hazel, aloe vera, and glycerin to the cup. Stir to combine.
- Add the liquids to your now melted oils in the double boiler. Stir until everything is melted and well-mixed.
- Remove from heat, whisking while it cools. It should get creamy and thick.
- Mix in the essential oils and immediately pour into the glass jar or container.
With this muscle rub, you’re really giving your dad two Father’s Day gifts: a wonderful sore muscle salve and a shoulder rub. He’ll appreciate the gift twofold!
- 4-ounce glass jar
- Glass measuring cup
- 2 ounces of coconut oil
- 20 drops of wintergreen essential oil
- 20 drops of white fir essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil in the glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Add the mixture to your glass jar and allow it to cool and harden.
What Father’s Day gifts are you most excited to make for your dad? Whatever you do, he’ll appreciate the time and effort you put into making him a homemade gift. Plus, you’ll both be glad that you chose to give the gift of essential oils for Father’s Day!